Friday, July 10, 2015

Welcome to Mr. Schultz's Bio Class

About Me:

My name is Mr. Schultz. I am currently 26 years of age and a teacher of Biology at Paramount High School. I graduated from Lakewood High School in 2007. I also played baseball for the Lancers where we won the CIF southern section championship in 2006. After high school, I attended Long Beach City College to continue my education and baseball career. In 2009, I transferred to Chico State, which is in northern California. Chico is a small college based community with lots of outdoor activities to do on your free time. As a member of the baseball team I was able to travel a lot and stayed very busy being a collegiate athlete. I graduated from Chico State in 2012 and returned back to California to begin my teaching credential. In 2014, I was hired by Paramount and successfully completed my first year of teaching. I enjoy being a Pirate, and I am also an assistant coach on the varsity team. I enjoy going to sporting events, concerts, doing anything outdoors (hiking, exercising, beach etc.) and I absolutely love to travel. Some of the places I have visited are Costa Rica, Turks/Caicos, Jamaica, Mexico, Haiti, New York, Boston, Miami, and a few other states in the United States. There are a lot of places in the world and I believe that if you are in a position to go see some of them you should take advantage of it. It helps bring your world into perspective when you go to other places and see how other people live. As a biology teacher, I also use these travels to do research on biological concepts such as ecology and evolution. Everywhere you go there is biology around you that is why I love this subject. Seeing how different animals and plants vary from place to place is truly fascinating. I hope this have given you some information about me, feel free to post information about yourself or even comments/questions you have for me below. Thanks for taking the time to read my profile and I hope your excited for a fun year of learning! 

My Summer Job

 
Fenway Stadium in Boston

Last Day of School

The homie Lester and I in Jamaica 

No comments:

Post a Comment